Volunteer at MRC North
MRC North values highly the tremendous support of passionate people who give their time and energy to volunteering at MRC North. Volunteering at MRC North is an enriching and meaningful experience.
As a volunteer you’ll meet people from, and learn about, a range of cultures and countries. MRC North provides volunteers with networking opportunities, interesting roles, skills development, and training-related experiences.
What will you be doing as a volunteer?
There are various opportunities for volunteers to provide practical assistance to multicultural clients across a number of MRC North programs. These include –
- Promote awareness and social participation at local events
- Take families to the beach or park for a picnic
- Mentor learner drivers as obtaining their driver’s licence is often the key to independence and finding employment
- Tutor youth in high-school, college or university students across different subject areas
- Tutor youth and new families in English proficiency
- One-on-one business mentoring and support
- Gardening and horticulture training or support at the Heritage Forest Community Garden
By volunteering, MRC North offers you:
- An opportunity to be part of a team of dedicated volunteers supporting a diverse range of multicultural clients who settle in Launceston
- The chance to meet new families and learn about different cultures and their experiences
- Meet new friends
- Work in a role tailored to your interests and skills
- Develop new skills and experiences to assist you in achieving your goals
- A certificate for your volunteering service
To be an MRC North volunteer, we need you to:
- Meet with the Volunteer Coordinator of the program
- Attend training sessions pertinent to the volunteer role and program
- Be aged between 16 and 80 (some roles require 18+)
- Provide MRC North with current Driver’s Licence, Police Check, or Working with Children/Vulnerable Peoples Check, as appropriate to the volunteer role
- Disclose any previous convictions, in confidence
- Re-register annually to ensure the information remains up-to-date and you are covered by our Volunteer Insurance
For more information about volunteering at MRC North, download the Volunteer Info Pack and Application Form below, or contact the office on 6331 2211 to discuss your interests and our Volunteer Program.
If you are interested in volunteering, complete the Volunteer Application Form and return it to admin (at) mrcltn.org.au or contact the office on 6331 2211.