Development Workshops Program
Each year MRC North hosts a series of workshops to develop the professional and social capacity of our community members.
Topics can include:
- Australian culture
- Indigenous Australia
- Australian law
- Health services
- Governance training
- Grant writing
- The Australian electoral system
- How to vote
- Accessing driving lessons
- The importance of child restraints in cars
- Cemetery information, burial and cremation rights, fees and charges
- Resident and citizen rights
- Resilience awareness training and understanding of anti-social behaviours and bullying
- Basic swimming and water awareness training
- Wildlife and outdoor awareness training
For the past four years, MRC North has been nominated by the Australian Tax Office to provide free individual tax returns for both migrant communities and the wider Launceston community. MRC North assisted over 300 individuals with their returns in 2015-16.
For more information on upcoming workshops, call 03 6331 2211, or visit the Events Calendar.