An exciting and immediate opportunity exists at the Migrant Resource Centre Northern Tasmania for a Caseworker to play a key role in supporting the organisation and its vibrant communities and services.
POSITION VACANT: CASEWORKER
Terms of Employment: Full-time, 38 hours per week
Fixed-Term Contract to 30 June 2017, immediate start
Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award (Level 5)
The Migrant Resource Centre Northern Tasmania (MRC North) is an independent, non-government settlement services provider. MRC North supports the effective settlement and participation of people from refugee and migrant backgrounds, particularly those who are new arrivals, to Launceston.
The Caseworker provides high quality support for the delivery of settlement services, and identifies the individual settlement needs of each client/family, and develops a case management plan tailored to their ongoing and often complex support needs.
1. A tertiary qualification in Social Work or relevant discipline, and/or practical experience in a relevant field.
2. Demonstrated understanding of the complex needs of individuals who have experienced various types of trauma, and an understanding of the challenges faced by people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
3. Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, and evaluate case management strategies to meet the needs of individual clients and their families.
4. Demonstrated analytical, verbal, and written communication skills – including report writing, case files, and input at meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
5. Demonstrated capacity to respond to change, both at a service delivery level when unforeseen circumstances need prioritising, and at program level as dictated by policy or contract change.
6. Proven ability to solve problems in a regularly changing and often hectic environment, as well as experience exercising initiative, applying professional judgement, and taking responsibility within the scope of a given role.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 14 December 2016, 5:00pm.
Please email applications to Kerry Clough, Settlement Unit Manager, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your name and Caseworker title in the subject line. Applications must include a cover letter addressing the responsibilities of the Selection Criteria, and a CV outlining relevant work experience. Please also note availability for commencement.
For more information about the role please contact 03 6332 2211, and for information about the Migrant Resource Centre Northern Tasmania and its services and programs, visit www.mrcltn.org.au